Conference Website Updated with Session Presentations and Last Call for Feedback
Many of the slide decks used during the CMVE Conference concurrent sessions have been uploaded to the conference website. I will continue to update the site as additional presentations are sent in from presenters. We’ve also seen excellent feedback on the conference and invite anyone who hasn’t done so already to submit your thoughts using the online survey before the end of the week (conference feedback survey closes 10/21/16) .
What’s Next for the MI-litary Equivalency Project?
The MI-litary Equivalency Project (MEP) launched last week with a comprehensive overview of the project and an excellent presentation from Gina Sobania on Minnesota State’s Veteran Education Transfer System (VETS) that serves as a model for our project. Those who missed the live event can review the recording, now posted on the project website, to get more information on the project. Campuses interested in participating should remember to complete the MEP Landscape Assessment online before Nov. 4, 2016. It is most helpful if there is one respondent per campus, preferably the individual who will serve as the project liaison, or someone who can designate such a liaison. Responses can be submitted online. Anyone interested is encouraged to join us for the project’s upcoming virtual events:
- 11.9.16 @3-4PM, Building Campus Strategy for the MI-litary Equivalency Project. Click here to register.
- 11.29.16 @ 1:30-2PM, Talking PLA and Transferability, presented by the Council on Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL). Click here to register.
Upcoming Webinars of Interest
- 11.2.16 @2-3PM, Supporting Hoosier Veterans: A look at military credit in Indiana, presented by the Multi-State Collaborative on Military Credit (MCMC). Click here to register.
- 10.19.16 @ 4-5PM and 11.10.16 @12-1PM, Understanding the Needs of Student Veterans in the Classroom and Academic Environments, presented by the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency (MVAA). Click on the date you’re interested in to register for that event.
- 10.26.16 @ 2-3PM, Innovations in Supporting Student Veterans on Campus, presented by Kognito. Click here to register.
Great Lakes Regional Student Success Conference – February 16-17, 2017 in Detroit – Consider Attending or Proposing a Session!
Oakland University’s annual student success conference has gone regional this year and will feature excellent keynote speakers, including Vincent Tinto, a major scholar in the field of higher education. The Conference theme is Putting it All Together – Campus Strategy for Access, Retention, and Completion and the February 16-17, 2017 conference will again be held at the Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center. To register or respond to the call for proposals, please see the conference website at oakland.edu/studentsuccess/.
The Ins and Outs of the CMVE Listserv
Since we have seen a number of new folks joining our listserv, I just want to be sure everyone understands how this listserv works. To send a message, use MEVSC@LS2.CMICH.EDU. Once you click send, you’ll be asked to approve the message (if you don’t receive this approval message, check your junk box, you must click the link to approve in order for your message to be distributed). Once sent, you’ll also receive confirmation that the message went through. Please remember that this listserv is set up to default with a reply to the full listserv so, if you only wish to reply to the individual sending the message, please update the address in the “to” box as such. Otherwise, feel free to send pertinent responses and details to the full network if appropriate. Members are encouraged to send event announcements, questions about best practices or institutional policies affecting veterans, interesting news, and other salient updates. Please let me know if there are questions about using the listerv and join me in thanking Central Michigan University for hosting and maintaining the listserv!