Veteran Advocate – A Checklist for Incoming Student Veterans
Thanks to Will Emerson (UM-Dearborn) for his work on the latest edition of CMVE’s Veteran Advocate! Click here to review this publication online. This edition offers suggestions for an efficient enrollment checklist for military-connected students. Please also feel free to send your examples of enrollment checklists to Katie for inclusion on this resource page offering examples from around the state that may be helpful to both prospective students and your colleagues who serve veterans.
Registration Station – Click below to register for these upcoming CMVE events:
- Webinar on THURSDAY – The ACE Review Process- Insights from Michigan Faculty (January 26 from 1-2pm): Two ACE faculty reviewers from Michigan will share their involvement in the American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations that appear on the Joint Services Transcript, along with suggestions on how to effectively map credit recommendations to institutional catalogs. Click here to register.
- Webinar in TWO WEEKS – Student Veterans – In Their Own Words (February 7 from 10-11am): This webinar features two authors – David Chrisinger (University of Wisconsin) and Joe Grimm (Michigan State University). They will discuss findings from their student interviews on the student veteran experience as well as suggestions for using writing assignments with veterans in classroom settings. Click here to register.
- 2017 Spring Regional Workshops, Scaling Veteran Success Strategies to Your Campus Resources – CMVE’s 2nd annual spring regional workshop series will feature a speaker from Operation College Promise, a national policy, research, and education program supporting military-affiliated students in postsecondary education. Click the links below to register and pass along the workshop flyer to encourage your colleagues to attend, too!
- March 20, 2017 from 10am-2pm at Oakland University. Click here to register.
- March 21, 2017 from 10am-2pm at Grand Valley State University. Click here to register.
- March 22, 2017 from 10am-2pm at Michigan State University. Click here to register.
- April 10, 2017 from 10am-2pm at North Central Michigan College. Click here to register.
- April 11, 2017 from 10am-2pm at Northern Michigan University. Click here to register.