CMVE Meet-Up at CCME Conference March 6-9, 2017 in Atlanta, GA
If you’re attending next week’s CCME Conference in Atlanta, GA, please let me know and we can try to put together a Michigan meet-up! I’m pleased to be able to attend this conference and share more about CMVE’s great work, including its MI-litary Equivalency Project, during one of the concurrent session offerings!
We Hope to See You at the Spring Regional Workshops – Please register NOW!
CMVE’s spring regional workshop series kicks off March 20 at Oakland University. Registration numbers at all events are low. Please register here now if you plan to join us!
Save-The-Date: CMVE’s 5th Annual Conference
(& Volunteer for the Conference Planning Committee!)
Pencil it in! CMVE’s 5th Annual Conference is scheduled for September 27, 2017 in Lansing, MI. Julie Lavender, Kirtland Community College, is serving as the 2017 Conference Chair and is assembling a small workgroup to help plan the conference, including vetting potential speakers, reviewing conference proposals, etc. Please contact Julie directly to serve on this working group.
MI-litary Equivalency Project Campus Workgroup Seminar
June 2, 2017, 10AM-3PM @ Jackson College
Your MEP Campus Workgroup is invited to participate in this seminar to learn how to more effectively map ACE credit recommendations from the Joint Services Transcript (JST) as direct transfer credit aligned with your institution’s catalog. This hands-on event will feature staff from ACE showcasing promising practices in using ACE tools to facilitate a more streamlined credit mapping process on your campus, offer examples from other institutions, and provide campus workgroup planning time to develop priority areas for moving your work forward. Read more about the event here and click here to register.
Upcoming Webinars You May Be Interested In:
- 3/16/17 @ 11AM; MI National Guard State Tuition Assistance Program (MINSTAP), featuring Kathy Enderle, Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) and presented by the Student Financial Services Bureau of the Michigan Department of Treasury. This webinar will walk through many of the functions and tools available in the University Portal of the web based State Tuition Assistance Program application. Join us to learn more about the Michigan National Guard State Tuition Assistance Program and help assist us in our efforts to recruit and retain the best and the brightest. Click here to register.
- 3/24/17 @ 2PM; The Student Veteran Certification Re-Engineering Partnership, featuring Doug Falk, Chief Information Officer, National Student Clearinghouse. Learn how this collaborative project can benefit your campus’ data collection on student sevicemembers and veterans and help you monitor impact of programs at your institution. Hear about ways in which you can express your support for this project and be included in beta testing. Click here to register.
- 3/30/17 @ 2PM; JST Stakeholders Forum. Calling all colleges/universities, service representatives, and key JST program users and stakeholders: You are invited to participate in the JST Stakeholders Forum, a free webinar event facilitated by the American Council on Education (ACE). The Forum will be an interactive meeting. The JST Operations team will provide updates and vet potential changes to the JST. Your engagement is critical to improve operational excellence, build support to institutions, and to provide service members and veterans with the best military transcript. Click here to register.
In Your Spare Time, Check Out:
- The Hechinger Report’s December 2016 article Veterans continue to battle for their military training to count as college credit
- The latest research to come out of SVA (in partnership with the National Student Clearinghouse and VA), National Veteran Education Success Tracker: A Report on the Academic Success of Student Veterans Using the Post-9/11 GI Bill or checkout the cool interactive dashboard they created to showcase the results of their study
- A Veterans Radio podcast interview I had the pleasure of participating in recently to discuss CMVE’s and MCMC’s work around military credit