Reminder: Submit a Session Proposal for CMVE’s 5th Annual Conference on September 27, 2017
Fitting the theme of Serving Veterans in the Classroom, a call for session proposals is open online until June 30, 2017. While members are welcome to submit on any topics, suggested topics to consider include: Military Culture Overview; GI Bill Certifying – Advanced SCO Discussion Session; Collaborative Efforts on Campus to See Military Experience Awarded Direct Transfer Credit; Resources for Veterans in Transition – Community, State, Federal; Career Searching for Veterans in Transition … and your other great ideas! In addition to the general CMVE membership, we’re hoping this program appeals to faculty for their development around student veteran success strategies. Please help us spread the word to save-the-date for this program scheduled for 10AM-4PM in Lansing, MI on September 27, 2017.
MI-litary Equivalency Project Updates:
Catch up with the latest on this project by:
- Attending the upcoming Military Credit Campus Planning Seminar at Jackson College from 10AM-3PM on June 2 for technical assistance in building institutional strategy and campus capacity toward improved efficiencies in addressing military credit. Please click the links to: review more details on what to expect at this event, see the confirmed agenda, and register here at no cost before Monday, May 29 at 5PM.
- Registering for May 25 webinar @ 10AM A Closer Look at DSST Exams, featuring Ashley Willnecker, Product Manager, Prometric, who will share more about the changes DSST has seen since Prometric acquired the exams in 2006, tips in defining transfer equivalencies for DSST exams, and considerations for becoming a DANTES fully-funded test center to maximize support for military-connected students.
- Reviewing the webinar recording and documents on the MEP website on examples of two colleges who are awarding academic credit for military experience from the JST.
Voc. Rehab & Employment (Chapter 31) VA Benefit – A Boon for Student Veterans Materials Available
The recording of this webinar can be found here.
Other materials from presenter Melissa Spaulding are linked below:
- Chapter 31 Power Point
- Ch31 VRE Phone.Email Directory
- ch36 counseling form
- CH36&CH31 HANDOUT-general
- Voc Rehab application
- VRE Online APP Instructions
Other Items of Interest:
AASCU’s Servicemember Opportunity Colleges (SOC) CTE Program Seeks Applications, Due June 12
SOC, a partnership between the Department of Defense (DoD) and the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU), has issued a call for Career and Technical Education (CTE) program applications. The application period is now open for certificate programs in the following CTE Career Clusters: business management and administration; health sciences; information technology; law, public safety, corrections, and security; science, technology, engineering, and mathematics; transportation, distribution, and logistics. The deadline is June 12, 2017 and applications may be submitted online. Questions can be directed to Sonja Ferguson, SOC CTE Program Coordinator.
MCMC (Multi-State Collaborative on Military Credit) Updates:
- Upcoming Events
- Webinar Recordings – Great Resources on Relevant Topics
- Data Capture and Tracking for Student Veterans – Considerations from SVA
- METC Visit Recap: Implementing Healthcare Lessons Learned for Servicemembers and Veterans
- Evaluating Military and Alternative Credit with CollegeSource – This was a GREAT webinar for any campuses interested in taking advantage of a FREE subscription to CollegeSource’s Transfer Evaluation Service (TES) available nationally for military credit equivalencies.
- Annual Meeting Resources Posted Online. Click below to take a look now: