Please use these shared resources to assist your institution in developing direct transfer credit articulations for military experiences as you see fit.
- MI_Sept2017_Mapping_Prework_Resources (003)
- Mapping ACE Military Credit Recom.
- ACETerms and Definitions(16Jan15)
- Skill Level Pay Grade and Rank Def.
Fayetteville Technical Community College
Indiana Commission on Higher Education
- ACE Military Recommendations and Credit Evaluation (click to access ICHE roadmaps)
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana
Kansas Board of Regents
- Credit for Military Alignment (click to see articulations for: general education, fire science, business administration, information technology, criminal justice, human resource management, surgical technology, physical therapy assistant, medical office assistant, medical coding, medical laboratory technology, nursing, automotive technology, culinary arts, and more as they are developed).
Minnesota State Shared Resources
- MNAcceleratedProcess_February2017 (describes the process used in MN to facilitate mapping “in bulk” by discipline)
- Blank worksheets provided by MN to support bulk mapping by discipline: MCMC_MasterCopyVETSWorkbook
- PPT used during MN Bulk Mapping Events: MNSaintPaulCollege_16AUG2016_Accelerated
- Completed articulations in MN State:
National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) Analysis
Ohio Department of Higher Education
The Ohio Values Veterans initiative works to increase the number and quality of applicability of academic credit awards for military experiences. The project is managed by Jared Shank, Director of Military & Apprenticeship Initiatives & Special Projects and we are grateful for his hard work and willingness to share these materials!
- Awarding Credit Toolkit
- See, particular information on awarding diversity and/or multicultural credit to service members and veterans: Overall Research document – GE Military Credit Project (this is a large file that has every Appendix file embedded in it with clickable links – our portion of the document are pages 1-8 – it is still in its EXPLORATORY phase)
Individual Documents Referenced in the GE Military Credit Project
Appendix A – Executive Order 13583
Appendix B- Dept. of Defense Diversity & Inclusion Strategic Plan
Appendix C- 2015 Demographics – Profile of the Military Community
Appendix D- Inspector General, Dept. of Defense – Training Requirements for US Ground Forces Deploying in Support of Operation Iraqi Freedom
Appendix E- Iraq Overview Program of Instruction
Appendix F- Iraq Overview sample of a training presentation
Appendix G- Iraq Overview – Tribalism in Iraq – sample of a training presentation
Appendix H- Afghanistan Overview Program of Instruction
Appendix I- Afghanistan Overview – The Afghanistan Threat – sample of a training presentation
Appendix J- Afghanistan Overview – The Study of a Nation – sample of a training presentation
Appendix K- Afghanistan Overview – Tribalism in Afghanistan – sample of a training presentation
Appendix L- Pre-Deployment Afghanistan Reading List
Wick Sloane Article – InsideHigherEd
Other Useful References
Through the Lens of Cultural Awareness: A Primer for US Armed Forces Deploying to Arab and Middle Eastern Countries